Friday, March 31, 2006

File Under:
Cost-Effective Therapy

The most rednecked thing I do is always done on the first day of the year. After my family and I spend the night at the house of our hospitable best friends in Grass Lake, my friend and I go out behind the garage to the edge of the woods, armed with a pair of earplugs each, and one .22 guage. Our victims aren't peasant pheasant or deer, but old dishes, panes of glass, building scrap, and champagne bottles from the night before. I've been known to yell the name of whatever frustration is on my mind at the time before squeezing the trigger and, if my aim is true, before the satisfying splintering of glass, pottery, and occasionally brick.

All this to say, I can understand the theraputic value in this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Krahn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Michael Krahn said...

Dave, are there other people out there shooting "peasant"? I believe the correct medieval terminology would be: "We about to shoot us some peasant ass!"

7:17 PM  
Blogger yakmidi said...

As Michael was good to point out, there is a big difference between peasants and pheasant. It's about the same as the difference between lawyers and quail.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home