Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The right wrong number?

My wife told me about a funny thing that happened to her last Friday.

As background, you should know that there is all kinds of yucky road construction happening on US 23 near I-94, and then construction projects that have been going on for a while on I-94 near US 23. Naturally, if you can avoid those areas, you do.

My wife had just been online looking up the best way to avoid the construction, as we had a meeting to attend in that direction in the evening. (It was on our way to this meeting that she told me this story.)

Not long after she had consulted Mapquest, she received a call on her cell phone from some guy who said, "I don't know if this is the right number. Can you tell me if the construction on 23 South goes past I-94?"

Now, I don't know why this is, but had I received the phone call, I would have first told the caller that I was not who he was trying to reach, but I would be happy to do my good Samaritan bit and tell him what I knew. My wife, on the other hand, was happy just to tell him what she knew about the construction. He then asked her about an alternate route on Carpenter Road, and she was able to give him advice. He hung up, figuring that he had just spoken with the helpful woman at the Department of Transportation or some such place. I think that's so cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home